Happy Holidays! I hope your Christmas was spectacular and you were able to spend it with people you love. At the very least, I hope you were able to get some rest and enjoy one of my most favorite times … Continue reading
I apologize for the delay in updates, but it’s been a very busy three weeks.
1. I helped organize for my school’s Homecoming dance and spent a Saturday morning/early afternoon decorating for the Casino theme. One of my seniors tried to emulate my baby bump, circa 23 weeks. I hope this passes for my Week 23 bump pic.
2. I began preparing my Scentsy wax bar samples for some upcoming home parties. After I was done making 300+, the house smelled amazing!!
3. Dan and I traveled to Michigan for Thanksgiving, and my aunts and sister threw me a mini-baby shower. It was absolutely awesome.
4. Scentsy just wrapped up (until the end of Friday) the Most Wonderful Sale of the Year, so I’ve been helping clients place their orders. It was a little stressful while the website was sluggish, but we got all the orders placed!
If you’re interested in looking around, check out my website: http://amandaferrari.scentsy.us
5. A student and avid hunter brought me some venison, so my mom made stew from it…so many delicious childhood memories!
Official Week 25 Pregnancy Update
How far along? 25 Weeks – The baby is the size of a rutabaga and weighs approximately 1.7lbs!
Total weight gain: More than 10lbs. Enough to cook a proper baby boy.
Bump Alert: Oh yea! I’m finally able to do the classic “bump clasp” pose now that there’s enough bump to speak of.
Maternity clothes? I’m wearing half regular and half maternity tops, but still 100% maternity bottoms.
Stretch marks? Still moisturizing and still luckily stretch mark-free!
Sleep: Tons and I’m always wanting more! 8-9 hours per weeknight and the occasional weekend nap. This past weekend called for one on both Saturday and Sunday. The good news is that I’m feeling more refreshed when I finally do wake up.
Workouts: Four or Five days of walking and two days of strength training. I’m still feeling really good with my routine.
Best moment these weeks: Spending time with family in Michigan!
Miss anything? I’m not missing anything, but it was a bit odd not being able to have a holiday drink or cheers with the rest of the group. It was kind of sweet when people teased me about clinking glasses with water.
Food cravings: Nothing out of the usual. After having big meals with my family, there were some super sweet desserts, so now and then I feel like having something sweet.
Labour signs: No!
Symptoms: Slightly swollen feet at the end of the work day and an ever-growing bump.
Belly button in or out? Still an innie despite the belly growth.
Wedding rings on or off: On.
Baby Stuff: We received our stroller from my in-laws and a super cute children’s Michigan State t-shirt.
Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Travel System, Gotham 2015
Then I had a great baby shower with my side of the family. We got several cute additions to Baby Boy’s wardrobe and our diaper bag from my sister.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy and tired
Looking forward to: I have two Scentsy home parties and two major events at school this upcoming week: a campus tour to the University of Florida and a field trip to see “Victor Frankenstein” with my English IV students.
In less than 24 hours, the majority of teachers across the country will be heading back to work, like most who have been on vacation, including our students, with a sigh and weighted-feet. I love my job, don’t get me wrong, but who doesn’t love the freedom that time off from work provides? Right now, I am 67/33 about going back. I thrive on routine, I am energized by my career, and tomorrow doesn’t seem so bad. Talk to me right after my alarm clock goes off and it might be a different story.
These past two weeks have been rejuvenating, rewarding, and have provided me ample reminders about gratitude and what is truly important in life: family and love.
I’ve also had a great sense of accomplishment with the time off. I’ve been able to check off many tasks on my To-Do/Want-To-Get-Done-Someday list.
What I’ve Accomplished Over the Holiday Break
- Take inventory of what is truly important to me and purge what has been taking up far too much space in my world.
- Mentally and physically recuperate with my husband.
- Celebrate Christmas.
- Organize my workspace.
- Organize myself and my goals both personally and professionally.
Rip offPay homage to a brilliant woman and her clever podcast.
- Read four books:
- Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
- Most Talkative by Andy Cohen
- Yes, Please by Amy Poehler
- Started reading a fifth book:
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- Completed listening to the Serial podcast
- Watched some movies:
- “The Hobbit”
- “Into the Woods”