It took me awhile to come up with my goals for August because I knew that despite the roll I was on, both planning and reading-wise, my schedule would be changing quite a bit. It would be unrealistic for me to expect to maintain either levels of productivity. With that being said, I was able to come up with three goals for the three major areas of my life. I really did take the time to ensure that they were S.M.A.R.T. goals, which isn’t something I always do.
Reading Goals for August:
1. Read daily for a minimum of either 30 minutes or 50 pages.
2. Complete five full novels – (20 nonfiction articles = 1 novel).
3. Write a review for each of the novels (nonfiction article sets) I complete.
4. BONUS: Daily, read two articles my friends/colleagues share with me (either via email or Facebook).
Professional Goals for August:
1. Convert my text notes from the previous year into Evernote.
2. Create departmental meeting documents
- Individual Meeting Form
- Monthly Meeting Agenda (department-specific)
- Create individual meeting schedule for the 1st quarter
3. Create a database of articles to read for our PLC time
Personal Goals for August:
1. Create weekly dinner menus the week in advance – preferably by Sunday.
2. Create weekly shopping list based upon the menu created.
3. Find an outside bookclub to attend
- Local libraries
- Barnes and Noble(?)
4. BONUS: Family Budget
- Update budget daily – easily done on Quickens
- Create and maintain a travel budget/savings