How have you changed as an educator since you first started?
This question made me take a long pause. When I think about the teacher that I was when I first began my career, I cringe. I was so green, so unsure of myself, so consumed by the wrong elements of my day and completely spastic. I was unorganized and lacked the understanding of how to improve this. I was a hot mess, as my students have denoted the front of my shirt when I spilled coffee on it last week. Instead of focusing on where I was, I would rather focus on how I have improved.
1. More professionally disciplined
2. Increased ownership/responsibility
3. Increased resourcefulness
4. Better at Time Management
5. More complete lesson plan development
6. More accurate assessment creation
7. More involved with after-school activities
8. Increased technology usage
9. Stronger PLC involvement
10. Take more chances curriculum-wise