Share five random facts about yourself.
- I am a runner. This isn’t so random, but it’s a passion of mine.
- I took a trip of a lifetime to Turkey over Spring Break last year.
- I started out as a Business Major in college only to turn to Education when I realized how unhappy I was.
- My original plan was to be a History teacher, but it was very difficult to find a job in that content area. I was lucky to find a job teaching English, so I accepted it and haven’t regretted it a moment in my life.
- I watch WWE religiously with my husband.
Share four things from your bucket list.
- Get a second masters degree, but this time in Literature.
- Travel to Great Britain
- Write a book
- Learn how to cook a proper omelette
Share three things that you hope for this year, as a “person” or an educator.
- Grow my College Mentor Program group
- Support my students during their college application process
- Make a difference
Share two things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator.
- Crying: Seeing my students suffer from disappointment after trying their hardest
- Laughing: Sharing my students’ excitement about a book we both love – anything by John Green
Share one thing you wish more people knew about you.
- I may be quiet, I may be dedicated and work with my nose to the grindstone, but I am a human, I do have feelings; I have high expectations for myself and my students. I may seem like I have it all together, but I work hard at keeping on top of my game. I don’t know everything and I crave opportunities to learn more.