And you don’t look a day over 300!
There are so many reasons why I enjoy including Shakespeare into my curriculum; even if it wasn’t a standard requirement, I would eagerly jump into the Bard’s greatest titles.
Unwritten Benefits of Reading Shakespeare with Teenagers
1. My greatest joy in reading Shakespeare is the amount of angst it brings to my students. Is that shallow and mean? Yea, well.
2. The moment they realize the deeper meaning to modern day references.
3. Redirecting students’ preconceived notions about Shakespeare.
4. Reuniting with this cutie:
5. Having a great excuse to reread your old favorites and not being judged as being nerdy.