I read my good blogging friend Shannon’s blog yesterday and BAM! Inspired! The Runner’s World website is hosting its annual holiday running streak challenge where it calls upon runners everywhere to stand up and run against the calorie-dense time of the year.
Stay fit and motivated during the busy (and calorie-filled) holiday season by pledging to run at least one mile every day, Thanksgiving through New Year’s.
Now as I look at my running record according to Nikeplus.com, I missed the very vital first day, Thanksgiving, but ran/hiked over 6 miles the day before. In a world of gray areas and smudgings, I’d say that I could get away with starting my streak one day late.
I already know that there will be a day in which I won’t be able to keep the streak alive: the day in which Dan and I will be driving straight through to Michigan for the holiday break. So, two smudgings.
But as the streak stands, I’m at four days and twenty miles.
Workout Schedule for the Week of November 26th:
- Monday: Rest/Hike 3 miles
- Tuesday: 3 miles @ 7.0 + Jackie Warner DVD – FULL BODY
- Wednesday: 3 miles @ 7.0 + Jackie Warner DVD – ABS & LOWER BODY
- Thursday: 3 miles @ 7.0 + Jackie Warner DVD – ABS & UPPER BODY
- Friday: 3 miles @ 7.0 + Jackie Warner DVD – FULL BODY
- Saturday: 3 miles @ 7.0 + Jackie Warner DVD + UNF Hike + Jingle Bells 5k
- Sunday: 3 miles @ 7.0 + Jackie Warner DVD – FULL BODY