Never one to be overly dramatic, but isn’t this just the best time of the year?!?!?
I’m quite proud of myself for three reasons:
1. I did not inflict flaming diarrhea or dysentery on my Thanksgiving Day guests. I know because I’ve done the appropriate post-first-thanksgiving-cooking-attempt protocol email, and I am a lady.
2. I kept my eating in check. I ate one plateful of delicious food on Thanksgiving and DID NOT go back for immediate and desperate seconds as soon as our friends were waved out the door…unlike I’ve done in holidays passed.
3. I’m sticking to my preplanned workouts. With the extra times in the mornings, I’ve decided to take full advantage. Even though I’ve reduced my running distances to no more than three miles in an attempt to properly treat my body post half marathon, again unlike previous races, I’m stepping up my strength training game. I realized that some of the unappreciated changes to my body composition have been the direct result of my poor lack of planning and incorporating weights into my routine. In my previous post, I set myself the following schedule:
My schedule for the next week:
- Monday – Rest
- Tuesday – 2 miles EASY & 30 Day Shred
- Wednesday – 3 miles EASY & Jackie Warner & NFU Hike
- Thursday – 3 miles EASY & 30 Day Shred & NFU Hike
- Friday – 3 miles EASY & Jackie Warner & NFU Hike
- Saturday – 3 miles EASY & 30 Day Shred & NFU Hike
- Sunday – 3 miles EASY & Jackie Warner & NFU Hike
Just to keep you in the loop, this is what I’ve done:
My schedule for the next week:
- Monday – Rest – CHECK
- Tuesday – 2 miles EASY & 30 Day Shred – CHECK
- Wednesday – 3 miles EASY & Jackie Warner & UNF Hike – CHECK
Thursday – 3 miles EASY & 30 Day Shred & UNF Hike –I didn’t quite make this one happen guys. Too much fun with friends and stayed up WAY too late to be able to exercise and cook for 6 people.
- Friday – 3 miles EASY & Jackie Warner & UNF Hike – CHECK (2 miles EASY instead of 3)
After yesterday’s UNF hike, Dan and I came back to the house and got ourselves all gussied up because we went to see a movie.
Dan said, “How about the Bond movie?”
I love movies in which you get caught up in the story and never realized that you’ve donated over two hours of your life to sitting next to strangers, sipping flat Coke Zero and smelling fried chicken, fries, and popcorn. This was, hands down, my favorite movie that I’ve seen in quite some time…which also include’s Wednesday’s viewing of Breaking Dawn Pt. 2. Sorry for exposing you, Dan.
Afterwards, we grabbed some lunch at Jason’s Deli, which makes you feel so good about what you’re about to eat. You know those restaurants where you know there might be some bacon and extra cheese thrown around in the kitchen, but overall you feel like you’re getting a healthy meal? That’s Jason’s Deli. You order you meal at the counter, and you can stand and watch them prepare it, but even better is that after you pay, you go and find your seat, display your order number, and someone brings it to you. There’s a salad bar (who knew they still existed?!?!) and fountain drinks adjacent. Even their website is healthy lifestyle friendly!
I ordered the Zucchini Grillini with baked chips and regretted nothing!