Happy Monday, All!
I can safely say that I will be glad to put as much time and space between myself and an airplane. Our flights were smooth, just too many in a 24 hour period.
Flying is for the birds.
What a fantastic way to begin the week: waking up in your childhood-ish bedroom, drinking coffee before the sunrises, and getting in a powerful 6 mile run!
You’ll have to excuse me for a lack of photos; I’ve been taking in all the new stimuli of being back at home in Michigan. The thought keeps running through my head, “Oh man, I should take a photo of/this belongs in my blog, but I Can’t.Be.Stopped.Must.Eat.More.Fresh.Produce.” I’m sure you’ll forgive me as time goes by and I am uploading more pictures of mundane food items than the author of 1001 Recipes for Saltines and White Bread. Please don’t take my cookbook idea from me.
Anyways, what I do have for you is a list of all the wonderful things I’ve been able to experience since returning to Michigan that the average person would rather shove off onto someone else’s shoulders:
- Rode in a car that was traveling over 30mph AND for over a 5 minute period of time;
- Answered my cell phone and responded to text messages;
- Opened and recycled the cardboard from some packages that I received in the mail that I did NOT ship from Alaska;
- Made my own coffee this morning, and drank it while watching the local news;
- Wrote down and purchased all the items on a grocery list in quantities that should last me through the week and not the next month and a half +;
- Flipped through some curriculum books that I ordered in the Spring:
- Commented on the price of gas as being “cheap;”
- Unpacked four suitcases worth of clothing and put 3.5 of the contents into “Winter Clothes” storage;
- Scanned the isles of a bookstore (or the book section of a super store…whatevs)
- Made plans to get a pedicure tomorrow afternoon
Ah, such is the life of a rebel gypsy like me.
Oh! And since the name of this blog is Fancy OATMEAL, I thought I should share with you a great discovery that I made when looking for a quick, easy breakfast for the bonus morning we spent on the island.
It’s a new line of Quaker Oatmeal called Real Medleys. I chose the Summer Berry Oatmeal flavor:
I was a little hesitant to purchase a pre-flavored oatmeal, but since it was only going to be one morning without my trusty traditional flare, I decided to give it a shot. I sure am glad that I did. It was much easier than adding in my own ingredients; you just add boiling water and in 1,2,3 you’ve got breakfast!
The taste wasn’t overly sweet, and there was no after-taste like you get with some packaged oatmeal, and the nutritional information was pretty pleasing as well:
Quaker offers three more flavors that you might enjoy:
I am in no way being compensated for my opinion by Quaker or any other company. However, I am not too proud to take a free sample or two as a thank you for spreading the word.