HAPPY MAY 1st EVERYONE!
I love the first day of a month, and May is even more special because it’s full-blown Spring! The weather on St. Paul Island is less than a typical Spring atmosphere, 33-37 degrees everyday in the past week or so, but it’s a noted improvement from one month ago.
Another reason why I love the beginning of a month is that you are able to look back and reflect upon the previous month. What were your goals? Did you meet them? Did you exceed them? And how does that shape the upcoming set of goals.
Let’s take a peek back at my April goals, shall we?
April Goals – 2012:
- Run a total of 100 miles in April
- One long run, one tempo, one hill, and two “fun” runs (fun = easy to medium pace(TWSS)) a week
- 14-Day Abs Challenge throughout the month
- Add an additional set of reps
- Add in additional lower body routines
- Read “Game of Thrones”
April 2012 Results:
- I ran a total of 121.6 miles in April, well over my original goal
- I honestly don’t know that I varied my runs very much. I pretty much just ran. And that’s ok. I’ve gotten considerably faster on my splits, and that’s really where I want to focus next month: evening out my splits.
- While I may have switched up my 14-Day Abs workout, I still tried to get in as much abs work as possible. I’ve been able to see the changes.
- As far as strength training, I included a new workout that has really upped the ante on my muscle building: the Whole Body 100 Reps Workout. I’ve pretty much stuck to using 12.5 lb hand weights for my strength training, which doesn’t always allow me to get a complete 3 sets in, but again the change is apparent.
- I did not read the Game of Thrones book. I can really only handle about four main characters and then I have to start taking notes = not fun. If the book were more my genre, YA and
smutromance, perhaps I would have been able to stick to it better. Oh well.
May 2012 Goals:
- I would like to run 110 miles in May. I have one additional day in the month, and my first half marathon will be on just the other side of June 1st.
- As I mentioned above, I am going to stop worrying about different types of runs, but focus on pacing. I’m also going to try and get in a few hills workouts because the Dexter-Ann Arbor Half Marathon has a bodacious hill right at the end, so I’ll need to prepare for that.
- I’m quite happy with my strength training routine, so I believe that I would like to get in four abs workouts, three upper body, and two lower body workouts per week. Yes, I know that’s more than one a day, but I’m efficient and can multitask.
- I know that I will have no problem finishing the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy, and I’m actually quite afraid of where to go after that. I have a feeling, I may just start over and reread them. However, I did have the sequel to Divergent added to my Kindle this morning, Insurgent by Veronica Roth.
Upcoming events in May 2012:
- May 4th – Seniors’ last day
- May 11th – St. Paul School High School Graduation
- May 18th – Last Day of School/Last Day on the Island
- May 19th – HOME, SWEET HOME!