Happy Thursday, Oatmeal Consumers!
Last night I did a slightly slower 4 miles and abs workout before relaxing in front of another episode of probably the WORST season of Survivor I have ever watched. I don’t really want any of these people to survive, let alone be handed one million dollars for being semi-interesting and complete a-holes. The cast needs a good slap in the snooter.
Before my morning run, and the completion of my April mileage goal a few days early…
I read this post by Tina over at Faith, Fitness, Fun and thought I would share my answers with you so you can dream about how we could TOTALLY be friends in real life.
1. When a cashier in the checkout line at the grocery store is being a grump for no reason, how do you typically react? In my head, I’m all “Well what bee flew into YOUR bonnet???” But in real life, I don’t react to it verbally or face expressionally. I figure that if he/she is already being a snot, my sarcasm or snark won’t help the situation. There was one time when I was out with my mom and we were in this situation. After the transaction was completed, my mom said to the cashier, with a totally honest and sincere tone, “I hope that your day starts looking up soon.” I don’t know if we got the bird to our backs, but I thought that was a nice way to respond.
2. Are you the type that likes going out with your girlfriends or staying in? I’m with Tina on this one: you have to define what “going out” means. I’ve never been much of a bar fly, but I did cut a mean rug while I was in college. (How much do I sound like I belong in a 50 & up Bridge club???) I do love dancing, but not so much the drinking part of clubbing. I love going out to dinner, shopping, movies, ect with my girls.
3. Do you sob and get emotional watching romance movies? Like a Paleo dieter mourning the 4 for 1 sale at Krispy Cream!
4. What stresses you out the most? Lack of control. I tease my mom about being a control freak, but I’m totally the pot in that fingerprinting scenario. For example, last week during Bering Sea Days, when all the planning and details to the day weren’t in my possession, a little bit of a freak out, on the inside, for ol’ Mrs. Fancy Oatmeal. But on the outside, I’m all
5. What do you think people think of you? I think that people who first meet me think that I’m quiet/standoffish/awkward/WTF did she say?? I’m actually quite introverted, so I tend to not do so well at first impressions. My friends and family probably would say that I’m kinda funny, but still pretty awkward.
6. When you overindulge do you hit the gym to burn it all off, or just accept the indulgence and follow your same routine? 99% of the time I just let the indulgence go with a dose of guilt, but who doesn’t?!!? A few times I’ll try and get in an extra workout that day, but I won’t over do it at the gym at my next workout.
7. Are you easily annoyed? Yes. I work with preteens and teens all day long, so it’s bound to happen. I have however, matured to the point where
I don’t stomp their faces I let it all go as quickly as something is said or done.
8. What do you think is your biggest personality flaw? Wanting control. I don’t even want to be around me when I feel like things aren’t going “right”. I couldn’t have said this better myself, Tina.
9. What is one thing you don’t think people see enough of when it comes to your personality? My more gentle, caring side. I tend to keep that to myself or little kids with “owies.” I’m more stoic with people or goofy.
10. Can you feel relaxed in a busy crowd or messy room? I don’t do well in crowds or messy rooms. Most of the time I have to separate myself from both situations if possible. Malls drive me nuts.
YOUR TURN! I’d love to hear your response to any or all of these survey questions!