Morning Workout: A modified form of this
Five Things Friday
I wish I had a red carpet to roll out for this glorious Friday morning! We’ve been waiting for you for quite some time!
1. My literary cup is half empty. As many of you know, I read books from the Kindle app on my iPad while I get my run on. I have been feeling like the quality of my Young Adult novel choices has been plummeting lately. I truly enjoyed the experience of reading the “Hush, Hush” series by Becca Fitzpatrick despite not truly loving the characters or the repetition of plot line from other popular novel series that shall not be named. I have been setup for failure because of how far above the norm the books I’ve recently read have been. Oh well, you can’t win them all.
2. The Catch that is Deadly. Have you heard of the show, “The Deadliest Catch”?
It’s a fairly popular show that chronicles the trials and seawater drenched lives of four featured vessels—Cornelia Marie,Wizard, Northwestern, and Time Bandit—and one or more “wild card” boats that are shown for all or part of a single season. The ships (ships? or boats? which is correct? watercraft? anyone? nobody? ok.) Anyways, according to Wikipedia, “Because Alaskan crab fishing is one of the most dangerous jobs in the world, the U.S. Coast Guard rescue squads stationed at Integrated Support Command Kodiak (Kodiak, Alaska) and their outpost on St. Paul Island, near the northern end of the crab fishing grounds, are frequently shown doing their own dangerous work: rescuing crab boat crew members who fall victim to the harsh conditions on the Bering Sea.” So right now the island is infested with celebrity crab fishermen! I would ask for an autograph, but I would most likely end up asking a local and being shunned for the remainder of my St. Paul Island life.
3. But Baby It’s Cold Outside. The Ice Pack has arrived at St. Paul Island, and quite a bit earlier than usual this year. I don’t know much about the origins of the ice pack, but I do know that since its arrival, the temperature has absolutely been frigid! This morning our car said it was -1 degree outside! Yea, that’s freakin’ cold. Then you add a 20mph wind, and you’ve got true hibernation weather. Because of this weather, we’ve been dripping our faucets to keep the pipes from freezing. I think we have finally gotten used to the dribble noise that fills our living room, and it only took about 1,000 trips to the bathroom to break the Tinkle Association curse.
4. Guess what was at the store today!!!!
I haven’t eaten a fresh strawberry since August, and let me tell you that these strawberries were SO delicious!!!!
5. The Good Old Days. Dear Hubby and I finished watching the Amazon season of the TV show Survivor. We are big fans and have collected past seasons on DVD to enjoy in mini marathons from time to time. We spent many hours during our dating lives in front of a rerun of Survivor. What I love about the show is that you never truly know who will end up succeeding because there’s the mental, physical, and social game. Whoever can outwit, outplay, and outlast!
Enjoy your Friday!