Morning Workout: 5 miles @ 37’48″ (avg. pace = 7’32″)
Happy Thursday, Fancy Oatmeal readers! I was notified today that I have hit the 800 mile mark, according to my registered runs on Nike Plus. To me, this number is AMAZING! Especially when I am huffing and puffing along on the treadmill around mile 3.8, and all I want to do is slam my hand down on the STOP button and roll over into the corner until my blood pressure resume a normal pace.
These 800 miles began on my first tracked run on May 26, 2011, and I continue to pile on the miles until I hit 620 as the calendar turned over to 2012.
So far in 2012, I have logged 180 miles, and I’m a little over halfway to my February mileage goal of 110 miles.
These 800 miles have covered many different times and accomplishments in my life:
- My first wedding anniversary
- Three 5k races
- My first 15k – Boilermaker 2011 in Utica, NY
- Becoming a Bearcat, Baby!
- The start of our 2nd year on St. Paul Island
- Tens of miles in the St. Paul School
- The arrival of our own treadmill
- My beautiful niece, Charlie, is born
- My first half-marathon and longest distance run (on a treadmill)
- A virtual run in honor of Sherry Arnold
Question of the day: What are you proud of accomplishing?