Morning Workout: 35 min tempo run (from yesterday that I didn’t do cuz I am lame)
4.28 miles – avg pace 8’11″
123.09/ 1,000 miles in 2012
January Wrapped Up:
I’d say that those are some pretty decent starting off numbers. As you can see, there are a few gaps here and there; I certainly would not want a toothy grin that resembled this running chart, but not that bad. A few highlights were my 13.1 miles and a 9 miler in there; a low would probably be yesterday’s half-brained/half-a$$ attempt at a run. Overall I am pleased and ready to start setting goals for February.
I know that even though this is a Leap Year, and there is an additional day, February still has fewer days than January; increasing my total miles from 118 to 120 might not seem like much, but it means I’ll go from averaging 3.8 miles @ day to 4.1.
February Running Goals:
1. Increase total milage: Run a total of 120 miles in February
2. Build up my endurance again: My long runs will be: 7 miles, 8 miles, 9 miles, and 9 miles. (4 weekends in February)
February Workout Goals:
1. Mondays are TGFP – Thank God for Pinterest: - I will do either one or a combination of multiple weights workouts for 45-60 minutes on Mondays.
2. Preplan my Workouts. Sunday nights I will layout my weekly workout schedule with the help of Pinterest and other blog resources.
February Healthy Habit Goals:
1. Tracking: I have an amazing app on my iPhone that allows me to track my food and workouts:Daily Burn Tracker. It’s user-friendly, portable, and reliable. I have become complacent lately, but will begin again to track all my calories in and calories out. Also, I will monitor my protein intake. I haven’t been so good at this lately, but have started taking better care of myself.
2. Call and Answer: I have been having some lady issues lately, and I really do need to begin the process of figuring out what exactly is going on. I am one who tends to avoid the doctor at all costs, and if I do make it in, it’s usually at the pneumonia stage, and could have been avoided should I have made an appointment months earlier. So with that being said, I’ll be contacting my Michigan physician to hopefully get some answers.
3. Stretch: I am horrible at taking the time to properly stretch before and after my runs or any workout for that matter. It takes a few extra minutes to ensure that I don’t pull a muscle, or worse. JUST DO IT!
February Blogging Goals:
1. Blog once a day – I put myself under too much stress when I try and blog more than once a day. I am not a slave to my stats, and I am very pleased that my blog is growing to reach more readers. I will write because it makes me happy, not because of a sense of obligation.
2. Comment more/Stop Being a Peeper: I love reading other people’s blogs, and there are a lot of amazing ladies out there (and a handful of fellas) that inspire me in many ways. I should take the time to tell them that. I know that I am thrilled when people leave me comments, and so the authors of other blogs probably feel the same way.
3. Read More: I know what you’re thinking, “How does that fall under a ‘Blogging’ goal?” Well it does simply because the more I read, the more I can share with you. I believe that the key to being a good writer is to be an avid reader. That’s what my teachers told me; that’s what I tell my students.
Question of the Day: What are your goals for February?