Hey Blog Readers!
I am so glad to be back in my groove and back to bringing you the highlights of my gloriously fabulous life. I truly hope that you’ve missed me as much as I’ve missed you. I promise that my leave of absence wasn’t due to just finger fatigue, but there is a plethora (yes, plethora) of excitement going on that’s kept me away from a desk and my laptop.
Past Five Days Wrap Up
- Flew to New York to see my beautiful, creative, sparkling and preggers sister, Jennifer.
- Toddled around Manhattan
- Drove up to and explored Cooperstown, NY – home of the Baseball Hall of Fame
- Chilled with my other sister, MiracleGrow (Jamie) and her adorable family.
- Ran in the
5k15k Boilermaker Road Race
- By the summer of 2012, I will be fully trained and prepared to run a half marathon. All in one day. In less than a day.
- Begin and complete the first year of my graduate program (hopefully at the University of Cincinnati)
- Planning out my training schedule for the week ahead. Make an appointment with the Dungeon in Alaska and have a backup plan for when the damn snow drifts render our Ford Focus marooned.
- FOOD DIARY! ”Dear Food Diary, I have a major crush on Bobby, but he’s totally into Sarah. Bitch.”
- Lose 10 pounds.
- Maintain 10lb. weight loss.
- Don’t become obnoxious and “know-it-all-y” when I lose my 10lbs.
- BE GRATEFUL
- “Choose” my life instead of “Should-ing” all over it.
- Read two books a month – I’ve already got a list of 4 books I want to tackle. They all have a vampire as the main character. ”Hello. My name is FancyOatmeal and I’m a Twilight Loser.”
- 1/2 C. greek, fat free, plain yogurt
- 1/2 C. Almond Breeze, vanilla, unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 C. frozen blueberries
- 3 frozen strawberries
1 scoop Nature’s Plus Black Cherry SPIRU-TEIN protein mix
I just need to say how much I love the SPIRU-TEIN protein mix. I’ve been using it for years, off and on. It’s truly one of the best tasting protein powders. I’m not being paid to say this. I’d like to be paid to say this. HOOK A SISTA UP!
After breakfast and chit-chat with my mom, I got my act together and put it on the treadmill for 3 miles in 27:47; 9:15 avg pace. Afterwards, I did the Jackie Warner circuit DVD for Abs and Upper Body. It felt good.
Dear Hubby and I had planned on seeing “Horrible Bosses” this afternoon at 1:20 which meant that I had very little time to throw together my lunch. I had my traditional and go-to meal, turkey sandwich on a Sandwich Thin:
And knowing that this wouldn’t hold me over after a fast-paced run (for me) and weights, I threw together an updated version of the Cucumber Salad, or as I like to call it, “Anti-Onion Breath Cucumber Salad.”
- 1 cucumber peeled and sliced/diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 C. greek, no fat, plain yogurt
- salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning to taste
- Stir together
- Relax knowing you won’t kill anyone with onion-breath when you’re done.
- Ziplock baggies in sandwich and gallon sizes
- Aluminum foil sheets
- A new Swiffer sweeper
- Swiffer sweeper cleaning cloth refills
- Airborne – yes, it does work.
- Clorox cleaning wipes
- Orbits gum
- Cliff Kids Z Bars
55″ LG 3D LED 1080p 120Hz HDTV. For only $1900-ish, it seems pretty cool. Until you realize that you have to look like this to watch your television,